My Class

My Class

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lantern Festival


    Lanterns symbolize hope and wishes.  They are filled with light and set across rivers or streams to make dreams come true.  After visiting the 2010 Seoul Lantern Festival, I have a new appreciation for the time, patience, and talent that goes into the heart of a lantern.  I viewed the giant lanterns along the Cheonggyecheon (stream).  The crowds were thick, but I was able to view the brilliant lanterns.  Much to my dismay, the lanterns did not float along the stream.  Instead, they were anchored in place. 

     The lanterns were grouped by themes: Lights of Seoul, Lights of the Global Village, Lights of Korea, Lights of Memory and Lights of Future.  The Lights of the Global Village was amazing.  There were mini replicas of world landmarks.  There was even one of the Statue of Liberty!  The Lights of Future had various animal lanterns and beautiful scenery.  It was a great night out in the city.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment